Thursday, November 7, 2013

Dusty Attic November ATC {Theme: Flying High}

 
Hi everyone!  Here is my take on this months ATC theme at Dusty Attic: Flying High.  My thoughts went to wings and the words 'You Lift Me Up'.  I wanted to go with a sort of grunge background and a light airy focus piece in the heart and wings. 
 
 
I created my background by cutting out a 3.5 x 2.5 inch piece of Dusty Attic Corrugated Card and painted it with Dusty In Color Fine Silver. 
TIP:  I didn't have any rust medium so I created my own rust using......guess what??......Cinnamon!  I just wet the edges of the piece with a little more of the silver paint and dusted on some cinnamon.  I then used a spritz of hairspray to set the powder so it wouldn't come off.  I thought the result came out pretty good!  Here is another close-up photo.

 

 
I used the Mini Corners #2 scroll designs to frame the ATC and painted with with a gold and bronze paint.  The wings I painted white and lined the Rangers Silver Perfect Pearls.  The heart needed to be a specific size so I hand cut it from a scrap piece of chipboard (one of the large window panes from one of the DA window chippies).  I added a Maja Design paper flower design (from Sofiero) and added Dusty Attic Crackle Medium.  I also used one of the Name Plate chippies cut in half to create the scroll design at the top and bottom of the ATC.
 
Dusty Attic Products used on this ATC:
~ Corrugated Card
~ Wings
~ Mini Corners #2
~ Dusty In Colour Fine Silver Paint
~ Dusty In Colour Clear Crackle Varnish
~ Name plate #4
 
If you want to play along with the Dusty Attic ATC theme this month, be sure to post it in the Dusty Attic Ning site!  We love to see everyones creativity with the ATC themes! xo


13 comments:

zandra said...

Love that tip! Pretty. TFS
Hugz, Zandra

Lisa Minckler said...

LOL...cinnamon...that's perfect!!! Absolutely love the creative, out of the box thinking on that. Looks truly rusty in the photos. Beautiful inspiring project. :)

SusanLotus said...

Stunning ATC! <3

Unknown said...

I just love this. Simply gorgeous.

galeria-inspiracji-magdy said...

I Love all of yours work! You're amazing !

Greetings from Poland

Anonymous said...

How totally cool is this!?!
What a great idea; cinnamon!
I like your ideas Gabi : )
Most of us have some in the cupboard~
Love the DA chips!
Thanks for sharing~

Sandra said...

You always amaze me, cinnamon, what a clever idea and it looks so real.

Romy said...

This looks fabulous! The crackle accents make a perfect finishing touch.

Patty O'Malley said...

Not only is this a beautiful ATC but I bet it smells wonderfully too!

Julie Gillespie said...

The use of cinnamon is a great idea! Would be cool to used on a xmas card...when opened it would smell like xmas as well as the recipient getting a beautiful card!

Heather Jacob said...

one word, MAGICAL X

magicalmagpie said...

I love the way you think! Cinnamon! Haha who would have thought. Xxx

pestQa said...

Thanks for Your inspirations. You are full of suprises.
I really like your way to rusty things. I'm sure that I use it in some of my projects.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails