Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Enjoy the Adventure {Bo Bunny Trail Mix}

I just love the Bo Buny Trail Mix collection for those outdoor/travel type layouts!  Some of the design team girls were challenged today at Bo Bunny to create a 'travel' page using 3 photos.  I was all set to do my layout until I actually registered that I had to use THREE! photos!  I'm used to using 1 or maybe 2 photos on my pages, I get a little nervous when I need to use more!  But you know what? it's really not that tough as long as you remember to size some of your photos a little smaller when you get them printed.

I like to mix my trinkets with chipboard, for the embellishment above I used a Dusty Attic Compass chipboard (I gave it a bunch of different coats of embossing powder in a gold, metalic blue, glitter black and a glitter rust and then hardened with a heat gun) and mounted the Bo Bunny Trinket in the center.

TIP: A new favourite stamp for me lately is the "It is Written"background stamp from Bo Bunny!  I particularly love the text stamp!  I just love using this one over color inked areas and then using a texture paste design over that!  Here is a full list of supplies I used to make this page....

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Trail Mix (Bird Watching, Field Journal)
Carstock: Double Dot (Ocean)
12x12 Chipboard - Trail Mix
Layered Chipboard - Trail Mix
Trinkets - Trail Mix
Stickers - Trail Mix
Stamps - It Is Written Background stamp
FLower: Little Miss
Other: Twine, Drywall screening, Ink (Tim Holtz Broken China, Colorbox Mixed Media Inks - Honey, Patina), Compass chipboard - Dusty Attic, Brick Wall Stencil - Crafters Workshop, Texture Paste (home-made, recipe is in the right side column of my blog under my tutorials).
 
I'm excited to get my hands on some of the new papers from Bo Bunny coming out at CHA, but in the meantime, I'm still havin' a blast playing with the mid-season releases!  Thanks for stopping by today! xo xo

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm smitten with her!
Adorable photo's!(and beautiful versatile papers)
Love that Trail Mix 'Bird Watching'
--(I love anything 'bird')~
The 'bricks' & chippie work are awesome and your
details are always perfect!
Beautiful art~

Gitte said...

Beautiful layout.

Romy said...

This reminds me that I should do multi photo lay-outs more often too. Yours is completely gorgeous! I just love that center ornament.

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful layout again, Gabi! I love that compass!

Sandra said...

Love these colours Gabrielle and the photos are amazing.

Cindy Gay said...

So pretty. Great photos!

Lizzyc said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous! I love the back ground and the photos matted and distressed look wonderful.. always delight in your layouts!

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness...this is gorgeous as always! Love how you inked that chipboard and love the lantern stamp.
So perfect with this layout!

There are so many gorgeous elements...they are all wonderful!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Stunning layout Gabrielle. Amazing background and gorgeous colours!! ox

Sandie said...

Really gorgeous as always .. I love how you coloured the chipboard piece...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails