Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Beautiful Bo Bunny Petals!!


Among the many beautiful things Bo Bunny brought out at the last CHA, I think the new Petals must be among my favourite!! For the above l/o I used the amazing Charcoal Knit Petals....just the name alone evokes this warm cozy feeling, and they are so soft and pretty. I thought they'd be the perfect accent for this father/daughter page I wanted to make up of Steve & Meagan. Yes, they are flowers on a masculine l/o but I think the style of the blooms can work well with a masculine page lol!! The papers I used are from the Cambridge collection (I'm so crazy for this collection!!)

I also did some layered masking on one of the text papers from Bo Bunny. I shared this Designer's Tip at the Bo Bunny Blog today:

Designers Tip: I just love a nice piece of 'journal or text' paper like the Cambrige 'Post' paper. I like to use it for all sorts of things. On this page I punched blooms from it and tinted them with a little ink (I'll be posting a tutorial on making blooms coming up this month at the BB blog)....and I like to change up a neutral paper like this with a little ink and masking. For my circle design on this page, I cut a circular piece of the 'Post' paper. I then cut out a few floral designs with my die cutter. You can use a flower punch or even hand-cut a simple flower design for this. The grass I just cut from some plain white paper with scissors. I attached it to the paper with some movable sticky tape. Then just dabbed on a variety of chalk inks. Here I used a dark brown & green chalk ink. I then removed the pieces of paper (discarded them)and I'm left with the floral design. To dress it up a little more I lightly brushed the flower design with some Wheat color chalk ink and some Rose color ink....and the leaves with a touch of bright green. Don't worry about being exact, the colours melding into each other gives the piece a nice water-color effect.

Here are a few close-ups of the Charcoal Knit Petals, the handmade blooms and the pretty BB trims (the gold trim is from the Noel collection)....




Shhhh! I have been doing a whole lot more playing with the BoBunny Petals and have some fun projects coming up to share with you all!.....in the meantime checkout the other l/o's & projects the rest of the talented girls on the BB team came up with on todays Bo Bunny blog, you'll come away inspired!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

~Gabrielle xxx

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic splendid!!!!!

Lynn Biermann said...

Wow Gabi this is stunning! I LOVE your layered masking... wow! These are beautiful papers & seem to be made for you!! Awesome work! tfs :)

Treasure said...

I'm your fan....Love your L/Os

Rosana Garcia Hess said...

I just love your work.
Hugs from Brazil

Jolanda said...

Hi Gabi,wow,wow,wow....do i need to say more????
Amazing as always!!!
Have a nice day.
Love,Jolanda

angelwhispers said...

I have to agree these papers are just beautiful, the layout is stunning and I'm loving the material flowers.

Can't beleive I didn't comment on the last post!!!! WOW WOW WOW you really do rock girl love them Chanelle xx

Romy said...

Wow, you rocked the Bo Bunny on here...you simply outdo yourself on all your creations. I can't stop looking at the many gorgeous details on this layout. They are all so pretty! What a great, masculine page!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

OMGosh this is beautiful & I love that picture, I have one of those with me and my daughter, I love it!!!

Maureen Reiss said...

Gorgeous LO!!! Love all the different flowers and how it all pulls together

Jan scrap said...

Absolutely lovely. The 'Noel' trim is gorgeous and the black roses really provide some 'oomph'

Mandy Harrell said...

Gorgeous Page Gabi!! You rocked these papers!! Love it!!

Cindy Gay said...

That post paper is gorgeous and you really know how to enhance it. Like the photo. Love the lace border.

GardenOfGrace said...

What a stunning layout. I just love your work! I love the masking. I will definitely be trying this out on one of my pages.

Unknown said...

wow this is so Fantastic
very great job from the BOBUNNY

XX carla

Paulien van den Bosch said...

What a Beautiful page!!!! Love the masking and all those pretty blooms. I also love how you did the ribbon. Great colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails